The International Lecithin and Phospholipid Society (ILPS) was registered in 2013 in Cologne, Germany as a non-for-profit association. Originally ILPS was incorporated in 1991 in the USA. The ILPS Board and Membership decided to transfer the Society registration to Europe, since most ILPS events are organized in Europe. ILPS consists of corporate and private members from Academia, Institutes and Industry in the Food, Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical and Technical sectors.
ILPS goals are:
- Promoting cooperation and exchange of ideas at international level between scientists and technologists.
- Organizing and sponsoring scientific conferences, symposia, educational courses and ring trials (round robins).
- Promoting standardization of materials and analytical methodology to analyze lecithin and phospholipids.
- Issuing specialized relevant literature, position papers and newsletter.
- Promoting and managing research projects at international level.
The members of the Board 2013-2015 are:
President: Bernd Diehl, Germany
Vice-President: Moghis Ahmad, USA
Secretary: Ralf Moling, The Netherlands
Treasurer: Gabriele Randel, Germany.